Thursday, March 8, 2012

bad habit



This picture was taken with one of my most prized possessions,
and that would be my ipod touch. I love it! I use it every day for the music,
checking my email/facebook, and just playing with the free aps.
I chose a picture of facebook for day 8, because it happens to be my most frequently practiced “bad habit.” Recently I saw my active pages on google and it showed me I am “very
active” on facebook. Haha. I am not trying to say it’s “bad” to have a facebook.
Actually, it’s been incredibly instrumental for organizations like Invisible
Children and the A21 Campaign getting the word out for causes that shouldn’t
remain unseen or unheard. Not to mention, facebook is FREE marketing: Big Plus!
It's also been a great outlet for people to openly profess what is most important
to them, whether it be family, marriage, babies, faith: you know, things worth
celebrating. It has been a beautiful thing to witness, really.
It’s just that right now, for me personally, I find it to be more of a distraction. Too much of
anything, even a good thing can be detrimental. So I’m taking a break for
awhile, and I’m not exactly sure what “awhile” looks like yet. It’s going to be at least a month. I was going to wait until after I completed my 30 day photo
challenge, but when I saw that today was “bad habit” day it changed my mind. I’d
still like to post them to my flikr account, but for those who
don’t have an account and are dying to see the remaining 22 images-not to worry.
Eventually, when I’ve returned from my facebook absence, I will post the full
30 days worth of photos. So for now, I’ll be just a(n) email, plane ride, road trip, letter in the mail, or phone call away.
With Love,
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment