Friday, March 2, 2012

Day Two: What I Wore Today


Oh how exciting! I probably shouldn't expose the fact that I did put some thought into what I would be wearing for the"what I wore today"photo. The tutu was a joke- I am not brave enough to wear something like that everyday. Story of my life? Ok, so maybe I'll just learn to face the world wearing a tutu... I'll consider it.
I knew I wanted to wear a dress today, but I couldn't decide which one. How nice that I even have the choice. I have more than one outfit in my closet(s) and they're all clean and like new.
I have so many things...
Today I had a wonderful "birdwalk" (thank you Kiera) conversation with my friend Amanda Kishlar. In one of our talks, we discussed how "blessed" we are in America and that maybe "blessed" isn't the right word for our society of mass consumption. We have so much to be thankful for, yes we do. But, what if it was all taken away. Would you still consider yourself blessed? I just looked up webster's definition and this is how it defines the word.. Blessed-
1 a. held in reverence
b. honored in worship
2 enjoying happiness
3 bring pleasure, contentment, or good fortune
That first definition makes me wonder, what do I value most in this life? It's true, whatever I hold in reverence or honor in worship will determine what blessed really means to me. It's something to consider..

2 comments:

  1. Patty-
    I count myself fortunate that you added me as a friend on Facebook. When I was just starting to use FB and had very few friends on here, I remember getting your request and accepting.

    While I didn't get a chance to know you very well while you were in Michigan, you were always friendly and fun of smiles whenever I saw you.

    Creeping through your pictures (which I love to do because they are simply fantastic!) and reading your posts makes me smile (and think!).

    I love the way you share your faith and the way you love our God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Sarah. I am blown away by your kind words! I'm really glad you accepted my friend request. :)

      It's good to know my words & posts are something you've enjoyed.

      I hope my life and my words continue to reflect my faith and the God that we love, who first loved us!
      1John 4:19

      Delete