Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 4: Something Green



So it’s March… and day four of the photo challenge is “Something
Green.” I’m clinging to my Irish roots in honor of St. Patrick’s Day (which is just
around the corner). It was my Dad’s favorite day of the year. These earrings
were a gift to me from his trip to Ireland several years ago. Today when I saw
them, it reminded me of how he was always thinking of me. I knew my Dad loved
me, and how nice that it was never a question. I really wish I could have gone on that particular
trip with him, just to have those memories. He did make sure I got to go in
June of ’05,
but he wasn’t on that trip. I thought of him too. I remember
sending him a postcard, and not being sure if the ancient mailbox I dropped it
into was actually still in service. It was, and he did receive it. So even though we didn’t go to Ireland together, we still had each other in mind.
The next time I go I plan on bringing
my camera with me. The landscape is so beautiful, and I still remember my aunt Marian
saying, “you can’t take a bad picture here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment